Signs of Hearing Loss in Adults – When should I seek help?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you find that you have more problems understanding speech in the presence of background noise than when you are in a quiet room?
- Do you have difficulty following a conversation when you are in a group?
- Do you have to set the TV or radio louder than what your family or friends would like for it to be?
- Do your family members or friends complain that you don’t seem to hear well or that you often misunderstand them?
- Do you have a constant ringing or buzzing sound in one or both ears?
Consequences of Hearing Loss in Adults
Hearing loss can have a significant impact on an individual’s professional, personal and social life. Some of the consequences of hearing loss include:
- Difficulty functioning in a work environment (for e.g. hearing in meetings or on the phone)
- Conflict with friends or family members
- Isolation. Many people start withdrawing from social situations because if their hearing loss.
(T) 021 556 9265
(F) 086 510 6648
Cnr of Raats Drive & Arum Road
Table View, 7441